Sunday, May 31, 2009
Jim Staniford, owner of the Vintage Café, is our host for August Green Drinks in Snohomish County. Jim is an ardent supporter of putting streetcars back in Everett and an active downtown businessman. He is a member of the Everett Historical Commission and shows his commitment to preservation through his work on the Hove Building which was built for prominent local architect Charles Hove in 1893 at a cost of about $12,000.00. It housed the Hotel Royal for many years.
This months featured non-profit was Museum of Snohomish County History, which if all goes according to plan will soon claim as its new home the original Carnegie Library at the corner of Oakes and Wall Streets.